17 June 2010

Top of the Box, to ya!

Good morning to all!

As I was eating my cereal this morning, I had a delightful moment of happiness. This moment was the result of having perfectly shaped, uncrumbed squares of cereal. It seems so simple and trivial, but it's a great way to start out the day. I felt like I was in a Life cereal commercial with picture perfect squares. All I needed was the milk to crash gloriously into the pile of deliciousness. Mikey would have been proud.

When you wake up and, in a sleepy haze, don't notice the lightness of the box as you pour it and your bowl of cereal is simply a mound of crumbs and sugar bits,your day has started off at a 3 rather than an 8. Maybe my dislike of the bottom half of the box is a manifestation of my (self-diagnosed) OCD. It's still technically the same thing as the top half, it's just so...messy. They might as well be tricking me into eating mulch (right). Where have my perfect little squares gone? They couldn't possibly be composed of this much sugar, could they?

Well, in a few days I will meet the bottom of the box, once again. I cannot toss the remnants in the trash without feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt for "the starving children in countries" as a high school friend once put it. (I'm sure she has no recollection of this statement, but I sure do) Maybe I can trick my unsuspecting husband into finishing off the crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment