20 June 2010

Female Condom with a Twist

I cannot fully hop on board with this product, but I am jogging alongside the wagon.

Spiked Female Condom

On the one hand, I am glad to see that something will happen to those who are raping women. It is one of the most horrible things that could be done to another human being. It is comforting to know that there are people who are working hard to help prevent rape from happening. I think that, in this case, the punishment fits the crime.

On the other hand, if I were wearing one of these I would also worry about the rapist attempting to hurt me in other ways out of anger. The hope is that it would give the woman enough time to get away from her attacker while he is frantically attempting to pull this off, but enough rage and adrenaline pulsing through your body can push pain to the back of your mind. I'm interested to see what happens with this invention being publicized and handed out in mass to the South African public.

Any thoughts, my, oh so, numerous audience?

No comments:

Post a Comment