14 October 2011

Friday is for Flowers

I love flowers.  I'm having trouble committing to permanent pops of color in our house, so flowers are perfect.  I don't get them every week, but I have been on a kick lately.

While at the grocery store yesterday, I grabbed a few bouquets of fall colors.


I bought the red flowers last week, and they have held up very well, so they were included with my beautiful sunflowers and the purple flowers.  (Notice how in one day I've completely forgotten what the names of the flowers are...)
A glimpse at my Halloween mantle!



The sunflowers have really opened up since I took these pictures and look fantastic.  Everywhere I look now there are flowers.  What a day brightener!

For those who are super observant, the terrarium is down a plant.  I went to water it about 2 weeks ago, and the stem was brown and rotted.  Same thing has happened to 2 other plants in my larger terrarium.  I wish I knew what went wrong.  The aloe plant is thriving, so I like to think it's not all my fault.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love it. I smell a vase project soon...

    Also, adorable spider and candles and candy trays :)

    ReplyDelete