12 October 2010

Grocery Bag Bunny-trooper

I had a flashback tonight to the many times when I was a wee one and tried to make a parachute out of a grocery bag. When I say "make" I mean that I tied it to my poor, soon-to-be-smashed-into-the-hardwood bunny. She plummeted to her death with her short life passing before her bead-y eyes, and all I could think was, "maybe this time she'll survive!" You would think after years of failed attempts I would have stopped, but I continued to do something over and over again, expecting different results. What am I saying? I'm saying that, according to Albert Einstein, I am insane.

He's judging me with his eyes...

My poor bunny suffered through multiple skydiving sessions over the years, countless broken bones and serious brain damage. Why would I torture her so? Because someone was foolish enough to let me roam free in the drugstore toy aisle where I stumbled upon a pack of toy paratroopers. How come the toy paratroopers floated so gracefully to the ground, but my bunny fell to the ground before gravity even had a chance to blink? How dare those foolish, colorful men were better at floating like a butterfly than my beautiful, pink bunny! Stupid little men. 18 years later, they still taunt me...

1 comment:

  1. You killed a rabbit. In the future, take care that the rabbit survive. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete