16 July 2010

List Love

I have created a list of things that have made me happy in the past few weeks. I thought I'd share not only this list, but my love of lists with the world.

  • My husband - He keeps me sane in an insane world.
  • My dog - Shadow is a cozy cuddler and a constant cache of cuteness. (I adore alliteration.)
  • Rain storms -A sudden deluge of cleansing water and a glorious concert of light and sound.
  • Skirts - Easy, breezy, free.
  • Dog toys - There is nothing more adorable than the full body wiggles that ensue when a new toy is gifted to Shadow.
  • Air conditioning - Too hot. Too humid.
  • Museums - Being surrounded by history reminds me that someone came before me and someone will always follow.

Those who know me know I love lists and organizing. It's very therapeutic to have a better idea of what's in your life or missing from your life in that moment. You can remind yourself of those things that make you smile or release tension by finally admitting to what's bothering you. To do lists help you remember what needs to get done so you can keep things in working order and help you prevent your life from imploding on you. When in doubt, make a list!

No comments:

Post a Comment